Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1011.9 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility0.25 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Worcester Regional Airport (KORH)
Lat: 42.28 Lon: -71.87 Elev: 986ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 40 by 5pm. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 30. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 20. West wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Worcester, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE