Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 10 G 18 mph
- Barometer29.96 in (1016.1 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport (KMPV)
Lat: 44.21 Lon: -72.57 Elev: 1126ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 45. South wind around 7 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain showers likely before 5am, then rain showers, snow showers, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Rain and snow showers likely before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 7pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Monday Snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Southeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night Snow showers, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE