Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer29.94 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28°N Lon: 78.85°W Elev: 1201ft.
4 Miles W Lexington VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 54. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 30. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 7 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers likely, mainly after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockbridge County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE