Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.07 in (1019.0 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.57 Lon: -104.85 Elev: 5883ft.
4 Miles SSW South Platte CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 42 by noon, then falling to around 27 during the remainder of the day. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 17 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph after midnight.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson and West Douglas Counties Above 6000 Feet/Gilpin/Clear Creek/Northeast Park Counties Below 9000 Feet, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE