Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 18 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Ames Municipal Airport (KAMW)
Lat: 41.99°N Lon: 93.62°W Elev: 955ft.
2 Miles NE Ames Municipal Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. North northwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as 5. North wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Wind chill values as low as 10. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 47. Wind chill values as low as 5 early. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 27. Blustery.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Story County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE