Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.50 in (1034.8 mb)
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Ames Municipal Airport (KAMW)
Lat: 41.99 Lon: -93.62 Elev: 955ft.
2 Miles NE Ames Municipal Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 12. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -15. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -15. North northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 11 by 9pm. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near 21. East southeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 6. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Story County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE