Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedE 3 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1030.5 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 25. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 26. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 58. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE