Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
- Wind SpeedSW 8 G 18 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1016.3 mb)
- Dewpoint66°F (19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 62. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Rain. Temperature rising to near 68 by noon, then falling to around 59 during the remainder of the day. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Rain. Low around 37. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 45. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Showers. Low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE