Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.23 in
- Dewpoint63°F (17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lakeland Regional (KLAL)
Lat: 28.04 Lon: -81.95 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 71. North wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. North northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. East wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. East wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Southeast wind 8 to 17 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. South southwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 73.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE