Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
8NM ESE Kaunakakai HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS WILL MOVE EAST... WEAKENING
TRADE WINDS TONIGHT. WINDS WILL SHIFT OUT OF THE SOUTHEAST
WEDNESDAY AS A WEAK FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST. THE FRONT
WILL REACH KAUAI THURSDAY MORNING AND DRIFT DOWN THE CENTRAL
ISLANDS FRIDAY WHERE IT WILL DISSIPATE SATURDAY. A WEAK HIGH
PRESSURE WILL PASS NORTH OF THE ISLANDS EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight ENE wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Isolated showers before 2am. . Waves around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Sunny. . Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 7 kt in the morning. Widespread haze after noon. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after midnight. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind around 6 kt becoming E in the morning. A chance of showers. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 12 kt. A slight chance of showers. . Waves around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE