Severe weather possible across parts of Northeast, Ozarks, Intermountain West to northern Rockies
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for three separate areas across the U.S. One area covers parts of the Northeast and New England. Another area is across parts of the Ozarks. The third area stretches across parts of the Intermountain West, northern Rookies and northern Plains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM ESE Kaunakakai HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM HST THURSDAY...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE TO THE NORTH WILL PLACE THE ISLANDS IN A MODERATE
TRADE WIND ENVIRONMENT. THE HIGH IS EXPECTED TO WEAKEN A BIT OVER
THE WEEKEND WITH A SLIGHT WEAKENING OF THE TRADES.
- This Afternoon ENE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Sunny. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Tonight ENE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Sunny. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 15 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 16 kt. Sunny. . Waves around 5 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 13 to 16 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves around 4 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 13 to 15 kt. Sunny. . Waves around 5 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 5 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 16 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE