More heavy rain and mountain snow in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday
Active weather will persist in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday. The hardest hit areas will likely be from the northern California coastline to eastern Washington as rainfall totals will range from 1 to 4 inches. In the higher elevations, precipitation will fall as snow with the some mountain peaks receiving up to a foot.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ESE Kaunakakai HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST SATURDAY...
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE 275 NM NORTH OF KAUAI WILL MOVE SLOWLY SOUTHWARD
DURING THE WEEKEND AS A FRONT APPROACHES. THE FRONT WILL MOVE
OVER THE ISLANDS FROM SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY...POSSIBLY
BRINGING STRONG THUNDERSTORMS.
- Tonight E wind 15 to 18 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 13 kt. Sunny. . Waves around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind 9 to 13 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers after noon. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after midnight. . Waves around 5 ft.
- Monday NE wind 12 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night N wind around 16 kt. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 14 to 16 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. . Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Tuesday Night N wind around 16 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. . Waves around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE