Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
9NM ESE Kaunakakai HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA FRONT APPROACHING KAUAI BY SUNDAY NIGHT WILL MOVE OVER THE
STATE MONDAY BEFORE DISSIPATING ON TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE
REBUILDING NORTH OF THE FRONT WILL LINGER THROUGH THURSDAY.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday N wind around 6 kt becoming S in the morning. Sunny. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Isolated showers after midnight. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind 9 to 14 kt becoming N in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 3 ft.
- Monday Night NNE wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves around 4 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind 14 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Sunny. . Waves 6 to 7 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves around 8 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 8 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 7 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE