Winter storm will bring variety of hazards to parts of southern, eastern U.S.
A cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of weather hazards from the southern Plains to New England on Wednesday. Rain is expected from Texas across parts of the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain possible along a band behind the cold front, which will move southeastward as the day progresses. Snow is expected from the southern Rockies to New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM E Poipu HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST FRIDAY...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDING TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS WILL
MAINTAIN BRISK TRADE WINDS ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH THE WEEKEND. A
TROUGH ALOFT WILL ENCOURAGE SCATTERED LOCALLY HEAVY SHOWERS AND
POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS THROUGH TONIGHT.
- Today NE wind 15 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves 6 to 7 ft.
- Tonight NE wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Isolated showers before midnight. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Thursday NE wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Isolated showers before noon. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Friday NE wind 19 to 21 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 8 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind around 18 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 18 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 13 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 4 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 14 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE