Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
2NM E Poipu HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisTROPICAL STORM ANA IS CENTERED ABOUT 335 NM WEST SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE
AT 800 PM HST...AND IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH AT 4 KT. A SURFACE
HIGH FAR NORTH OF THE ISLANDS WILL SHIFT SOUTHEAST THIS WEEK AND
- Overnight E wind around 7 kt. Scattered showers. SSW swell 1 ft at 14 seconds. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tuesday E wind around 8 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before noon. SSW swell 1 ft at 13 seconds. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers after midnight. SSW swell 1 ft at 12 seconds. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. SSW swell 1 ft. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 6 kt. Scattered showers. S swell 1 ft. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday ESE wind around 7 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Scattered showers, mainly before noon. S swell 1 ft. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 7 kt. Isolated showers. S swell 2 ft. Waves around 2 ft.
- Friday E wind 7 to 9 kt. Scattered showers. SW swell 1 ft. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 8 kt. Scattered showers. SW swell 1 ft. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE