Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM E Poipu HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST SUNDAY...
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN NORTH OF THE AREA THROUGH SUNDAY. A
SURFACE LOW WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST NORTHWEST MONDAY. THE LOW
WILL PASS NORTH OF THE ISLANDS AND BRING WEST WINDS AND UNSETTLED
WEATHER BEGINNING LATE MONDAY. ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL
PASS NORTH OF THE AREA ON WEDNESDAY.
- Tonight ENE wind 9 to 11 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 11 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind 9 to 12 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday ESE wind 9 to 15 kt becoming SSW in the morning. Showers likely, mainly after noon. . Waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 19 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Occasional showers. . Waves 7 to 8 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Occasional showers. . Waves around 8 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. . Waves around 2 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 12 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE