Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
2NM E Poipu HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE SITS FAR NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS. AN APPROACHING FRONT
WILL NEAR KAUAI SUNDAY NIGHT AND MOVE THROUGH THE STATE MONDAY BEFORE
DISSIPATING TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE BEHIND THE FRONT WILL BUILD BACK
NORTH OF THE STATE TUESDAY AND LINGER THROUGH THURSDAY.
- Tonight ESE wind around 7 kt becoming NNW in the evening. A slight chance of showers before midnight. . Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 8 kt becoming SSE in the morning. Sunny. N swell 0 ft at 0 seconds becoming mixed swell... NW 1 ft at 14 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 15 seconds. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Scattered showers, mainly after midnight. Mixed swell...NW 1 ft at 14 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 14 seconds. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 18 to 23 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. Scattered showers before noon. Mixed swell...NW 1 ft and SSW 1 ft. Waves 4 to 6 ft.
- Monday Night NNE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 1 ft and SSW 1 ft. Waves around 7 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 1 ft and SSW 1 ft. Waves around 7 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Isolated showers after midnight. Mixed swell...NW 1 ft and SSW 1 ft. Waves around 7 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind around 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves 6 to 7 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE