Winds, elevation snow and moderate rainfall possible for portions of the Northwest
The next system over the Pacific will move onshore over the West Coast Thursday night into Friday morning bringing wind, elevation snow and moderate rain to the Pacific Northwest beginning Thursday evening. Travel and outdoor impacts will be felt across the western U. S. as the storm moves east through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM E Poipu HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM THURSDAY TO 6 AM HST
- SynopsisA FRONT NORTH OF KAUAI WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES SLOWLY SOUTH. IT
WILL REACH KAUAI THURSDAY...THEN THE CENTRAL ISLANDS FRIDAY WHERE IT
WILL DISSIPATE. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE BEHIND THE FRONT WILL BRING
BREEZY TRADES AND ROUGH CONDITIONS TO THE COASTAL WATERS THURSDAY
BEFORE WEAKENING OVER THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight ENE wind around 18 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 18 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Scattered showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind around 22 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Showers likely. The rain could be heavy at times. . Waves around 8 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 22 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Showers likely. The rain could be heavy at times. . Waves around 8 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 17 kt. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. . Waves around 6 ft.
- Saturday E wind 14 to 17 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 13 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 4 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 14 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 4 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 11 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE