Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1032.9 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Lake Charles Regional Airport (KLCH)
Lat: 30.12 Lon: -93.22 Elev: 15ft.
Lake Charles Regional Airport LA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. East wind around 10 mph.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. East wind around 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 57. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 61.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Calcasieu Parish, LA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE