Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 16 G 24 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1025.9 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Oklahoma City, Will Rogers World Airport (KOKC)
Lat: 35.41 Lon: -97.6 Elev: 1280ft.
Oklahoma City, Will Rogers World Airport OK
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 18. North wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Snow likely, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. North wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -11. East northeast wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17. East wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Oklahoma County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE