Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 12 mph
- Barometer30.60 in (1038.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-4°F (-20°C)
Current conditions at
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (KICT)
Lat: 37.66 Lon: -97.43 Elev: 1320ft.
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport KS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northeast wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -12. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Southeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southeast wind 8 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. North northwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sedgwick County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE