Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1029.0 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Standiford Field (KSDF)
Lat: 38.19 Lon: -85.73 Elev: 481ft.
Louisville, Standiford Field KY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 41. South wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain before 1am, then snow between 1am and 4am, then rain and snow after 4am. Low around 32. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 41. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE