Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 9 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1021.3 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility1.50 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Kansas City International Airport (KMCI)
Lat: 39.3 Lon: -94.73 Elev: 979ft.
Kansas City International Airport MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 24. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values between -1 and 9. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values between -3 and 7. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming southwest in the evening.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 30. West southwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Platte County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE