Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.13 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Audubon County Airport (KADU)
Lat: 41.7 Lon: -94.92 Elev: 1286ft.
3 Miles WNW Casey IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 19. Wind chill values as low as 10. South southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 3am. Low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a south southwest wind 8 to 16 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Sunny and cold, with a steady temperature around 7. Wind chill values as low as -15. North northwest wind 7 to 14 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 8 by 5am. Wind chill values as low as -15. Southwest wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Guthrie County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE