Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer29.79 in (1008.8 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.65°W Elev: 957ft.
Des Moines International Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. West northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. North northwest wind around 7 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Tuesday Rain, mainly after 4pm. High near 45. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Rain, possibly mixed with snow, mainly before 7pm. Low around 27. Windy, with a north northwest wind 15 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE