Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 603 AM CST SAT FEB 28 2015
Bays and Waterways from Baffin Bay to Port Aransas
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION...
- SynopsisA COASTAL TROUGH WILL REMAIN NEAR THE TEXAS COASTLINE TODAY WITH
MODERATE TO STRONG EASTERLY WINDS CONTINUING. THE TROUGH WILL
GRADUALLY SHIFT NORTHEAST ACROSS THE WATERS LATE TODAY WITH WIND
SPEEDS SLOWLY DIMINISHING. CHANCES OF RAIN WILL EXIST IN
ASSOCIATION WITH THE COASTAL TROUGH. THE CHANCE FOR RAIN WILL
DECREASE SUNDAY AS THE TROUGH EXITS THE AREA. ONSHORE FLOW WILL
INCREASE MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY AS A STRONG UPPER LEVEL
DISTURBANCE DEVELOPS TO THE NORTHWEST. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE
ACROSS THE WATERS BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND RESULT IN STRONG
OFFSHORE FLOW. THE COMBINATION OF THE FRONT AND AN UPPER LEVEL
DISTURBANCE WILL RESULT IN A CHANCE FOR SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
- Rest Of Today East wind 15 to 20 knots decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Bays choppy. Patchy drizzle in the morning. Showers likely.
- Tonight East wind 10 to 15 knots decreasing to 5 to 10 knots after midnight. Bays slightly choppy to occasionally choppy. A chance of showers.
- Sunday Southeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth. A chance of light rain in the morning...then a slight chance of light rain in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Southeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth.
- Monday Southeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth.
- Monday Night Southeast wind 10 to 15 knots. Bays slightly choppy to occasionally choppy.
- Tuesday South wind 15 to 20 knots. Bays choppy.
- Tuesday Night South wind 15 to 20 knots. Bays choppy.
- Wednesday South wind 10 to 15 knots becoming southwest 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon. Bays choppy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night North wind 20 to 25 knots. Bays choppy to rough. A chance of showers.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bays and Waterways from Baffin Bay to Port Aransas
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE