Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 930 AM CST SUN FEB 1 2015
Bays and Waterways from Baffin Bay to Port Aransas
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
- SynopsisEXPECT A LIGHT TO MODERATE SOUTHEAST FLOW TODAY. ISOLATED TO
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH THIS
EVENING IN RESPONSE TO AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE. STRONG TO VERY
STRONG OFFSHORE FLOW AND DRIER ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS WILL
DEVELOP TONIGHT BEHIND A COLD FRONT. A GALE WARNING IS IN EFFECT
FOR THE COASTAL AND NEARSHORE WATERS LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AND EARLY
MONDAY MORNING. WIND WILL DECREASE FROM WEST TO EAST MONDAY
AFTERNOON AS THE SURFACE PRESSURE GRADIENT RELAXES. A WEAK TO
MODERATE NORTHEAST FLOW IS EXPECTED MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY. A
COASTAL TROUGH WILL DEVELOP LATE TUESDAY AS A SLOW-MOVING UPPER
LEVEL DISTURBANCE APPROACHES SOUTH TEXAS. THE UPPER SYSTEM AND
COASTAL TROUGH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF RAIN AND ISOLATED TO
SCATTERED SHOWERS TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. THE CHANCE FOR RAIN WILL
DIMINISH LATE WEDNESDAY AS THE UPPER DISTURBANCE MOVES EAST OF THE
WATERS. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE WATERS THURSDAY
AND RESULT IN GENERALLY MODERATE OFFSHORE FLOW.
- Rest Of Today South wind 5 to 10 knots shifting southeast late in the afternoon. Bays smooth. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Tonight Northeast wind 20 to 25 knots becoming north 25 to 30 knots after midnight. Bays rough to occasionally very rough. A slight chance of showers in the evening.
- Monday North wind 20 to 25 knots decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Bays choppy to rough.
- Monday Night Northeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth to slightly choppy. Patchy light rain after midnight.
- Tuesday Northeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth to slightly choppy. Areas of rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Northeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth to slightly choppy. Rain likely.
- Wednesday Northeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth to slightly choppy. A chance of light rain.
- Wednesday Night North wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth to slightly choppy.
- Thursday North wind 5 to 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Bays slightly choppy to occasionally choppy.
- Thursday Night North wind 15 to 20 knots. Bays choppy to occasionally rough.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bays and Waterways from Baffin Bay to Port Aransas
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE