Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Drizzle Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1023.9 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
5 Miles SE Halls TN
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain likely, mainly before 4am. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 36. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 7am. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after 3am. Low around 36. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 45. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 43. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 52. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE