Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM ESE Key West FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LARGE HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL WEAKEN OVER THE
WESTERN NORTH ATLANTIC...WHILE A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM EVOLVES ACROSS
THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN UNITED STATES. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS
THE GULF OF MEXICO TODAY AND TUESDAY...LIKELY SWEEPING THROUGH THE
FLORIDA KEYS AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS ON WEDNESDAY. STRONG NORTH
TO NORTHEAST BREEZES ARE LIKELY IN THE WAKE OF THIS COLD FRONT
WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY.
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF NOVEMBER
67 NM SOUTH OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
33 NM SOUTH OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
17 NM SOUTH OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
8 NM SOUTH OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
6 NM SOUTH OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
LESS THAN 1 NM SOUTHEAST OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
1 NM SOUTHEAST OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
1 NM EAST OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night ESE wind around 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SW wind 10 to 20 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind around 20 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day NNE wind around 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE