Unsettled weather expected across parts of New England, central Plains and West
Three separate weather systems will bring unsettled weather to various parts of the country on Wed. A coastal system is spreading snow & freezing rain into northern New England. In the central US, heavy snow is expected for parts of the central Plains & mid-Miss. Valley. Meanwhile, a system moving onshore along the Pacific Coast will bring rain and mountain snow to Calif. & the Intermountain West.
4NM N Dry Tortugas Light FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AREA WILL PERSIST ACROSS THE
FLORIDA KEYS TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY.
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF DECEMBER
14 NM S OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
3 NM S OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
1 NM S OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
2 NM S OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
3 NM SE OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
1 NM SE OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
4 NM E OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Tonight ENE wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE