Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM S Boca Grande FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisWINDS AND SEAS ARE CONTINUING TO BUILD ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS AS A COLD FRONT QUICKLY CROSSES THE AREA. A SMALL
CRAFT ADVISORY IS ALREADY IN EFFECT FOR THE GULF WATERS AND WILL
EXPAND TO THE TAMPA BAY AND CHARLOTTE HARBOR LATER THIS MORNING.
PERIODS OF CAUTIONARY LEVEL NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS WILL CONTINUE
TO BE IN THE FORECAST THROUGH AT LEAST TUESDAY NIGHT BEFORE HIGH
PRESSURE FINALLY BUILDS DOWN INTO THE EASTERN GULF OF MEXICO AND
ALLOWS WIND AND WAVES TO SUBSIDE FOR THE MIDDLE PORTION OF THE
- Today NW wind 18 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10am, then a slight chance of showers between 10am and 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 15 to 23 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 11 to 14 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 11 to 15 kt becoming N after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE