Wet weather in store for Pacific Northwest, Northeast
An active weather pattern in the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rainfall across the region through midweek. Meanwhile, a developing nor'easter off the Atlantic coast will bring several inches of rain by Thursday morning across parts of the Northeast and New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM S Boca Grande FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE SOUTHWEST GULF OF MEXICO WILL MOVE EAST
ACROSS THE YUCATAN PENINSULA AND CREATE AN EASTERLY FLOW ACROSS
FLORIDA. THE LOW IS FORECAST TO MOVE SOUTH OF FLORIDA LATE FRIDAY
AND THEN OVER THE ATLANTIC OCEAN LEADING TO A NORTHERLY WIND FLOW.
A STRENGTHENING PRESSURE GRADIENT ACROSS MAY RESULT IN PERIODS OF
EXERCISE CAUTION AND POSSIBLY ADVISORY LEVEL WINDS WEDNESDAY NIGHT
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 5pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 6 to 9 kt becoming ENE after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 11 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 12 to 14 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind around 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE