Strong storm system to bring unsettled weather from Gulf Coast to Great Lakes through Wednesday
A strong storm system will bring potential for severe weather, heavy rainfall and flooding, and heavy snow from the Gulf Coast to the Great Lakes through Wednesday. Severe storms are possible Tuesday across the Gulf Coast states with damaging winds as the primary threat, however a tornadoes cannot be ruled out. Flash flooding is also possible across parts of the Southeast through Wednesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM S Boca Grande FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY DRAPED OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL
KEEP SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATERS
WITH THE BEST CHANCES NORTH. SOME PATCHY SEA FOG MAY BE POSSIBLE
ACROSS THE WATERS WITH THE WARM SOUTHERLY FLOW IN PLACE. A STRONG
COLD FRONT WILL THEN MOVE THROUGH THE AREA WEDNESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY
NIGHT BRINGING STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG WITH
INCREASED WINDS AND SEAS. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD INTO THE
REGION THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK. WINDS AND SEAS GRADUALLY
SUBSIDING LATE FRIDAY INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight SSE wind 7 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 9 to 12 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 10 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday S wind 13 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 11 to 14 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then a chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day NNW wind around 12 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ENE wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE