On Saturday, severe weather will be possible across portions of the northern Plains while dry and hot conditions begin returning to the West.
Severe weather is possible over parts of the northern Plains on Saturday. During the late afternoon and early evening hours, large hail and isolated tornadoes will be the primary threats with damaging winds becoming the greatest threat in the late evening hours. Out west, hot and dry conditions begin to return bringing increased heat dangers and fire weather concerns.
3NM S Boca Grande FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE ATLANTIC SHIFTS WEST OVER THE
FLORIDA PENINSULA PRODUCING EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS LESS THAN 15
KNOTS AND SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. THE SEA
BREEZE WILL SET UP ALONG THE COASTLINE EACH DAY TURNING THE WINDS
TO AN ONSHORE FLOW OUT OF THE SOUTHWEST THROUGH NORTHWEST
DIRECTION. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE EACH DAY
OVER THE COASTAL WATERS...PRODUCING GUSTY WINDS AND HIGHER SEAS IN
THE VICINITY OF THESE STORMS.
- Overnight E wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday E wind 5 to 9 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 5 to 9 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day ESE wind 6 to 9 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind 5 to 8 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday E wind 5 to 9 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night E wind around 8 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE