Rain Spreads Across the Eastern U.S. as Snow Moves Into the Great Lake States
Strong low pressure will move from the south to the Great Lake States Monday and Tuesday. A warm front will spread rain along the eastern seaboard while snow moves into the Great Lake States. Heavy snow is also expected across the northern Rocky Mountains and higher elevations of the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM S Boca Grande FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA TIGHT PRESSURE GRADIENT BETWEEN HIGH PRESSURE OFF
THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST AND A DEVELOPING AREA OF LOW PRESSURE AND
WARM FRONT OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE GUSTY
SOUTHEAST TO SOUTH WINDS ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS TODAY. WINDS
AND SEAS WILL DROP BELOW CAUTIONARY LEVELS TONIGHT AND MONDAY OUT
AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT. IN THE WAKE OF THIS
FRONT...THE WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTH AND INCREASE ONCE AGAIN
TO ADVISORY LEVELS TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY.
- This Afternoon S wind around 18 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind 7 to 17 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm. Patchy fog after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 7 to 9 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 5 to 9 kt in the evening. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind 9 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 13 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day NNE wind around 13 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE