Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NW Saint Petersburg Beach FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA SECONDARY COLD FRONT MOVED ACROSS THE WATERS TODAY AND
HAS EXITED THE REGION JUST SOUTH OF FORT MYERS. WINDS HAVED
INCREASED AND SMALL CRAFT ADVISORIES HAVE BEEN POSTED...AND NOW WILL
INCLUDE TAMPA BAY AND CHARLOTTE HARBOR. WINDS AND SEAS WILL REMAIN
ABOVE ADVISORY LEVELS IN THE WAKE OF THIS FRONT OVERNIGHT THROUGH
FRIDAY MORNING. WINDS AND SEAS WILL GRADUALLY SUBSIDE FRIDAY
AFTERNOON AND BECOME NORTHEAST AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE NORTH
OF THE WATERS. FOR THE WEEKEND...WINDS WILL BECOME EAST AND LIGHTEN
A BIT EACH DAY AS THE HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTH OF THE AREA.
- Tonight NNE wind 13 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NNE wind 9 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 7 to 9 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night E wind around 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday E wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ENE wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE