Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NW Saint Petersburg Beach FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA WEAK HIGH PRESSURE PATTERN WILL SUPPORT TRANQUIL
BOATING CONDITIONS WITH LIGHT WINDS AND SEAS OVER THE COASTAL
WATERS TONIGHT THROUGH THE EARLY NEXT WEEK WITH WIND DIRECTIONS
AND SPEEDS BEING DICTATED BY SEA OR LAND BREEZE CIRCULATIONS EACH
DAY AND NIGHT. INCREASING MOISTURE FROM THE SOUTH WILL LEAD TO
INCREASING CHANCES FOR SHOWERS AND STORMS OVER THE SOUTHERN WATERS
NEAR THE COAST...AND SPREADING THROUGH THE WEEKEND AND INTO EARLY
NEXT WEEK WITH HIGHER WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS THE
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 4pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N around 6 kt in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely before 11pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSE wind 5 to 7 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE 5 to 7 kt after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind around 8 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night S wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE