Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NW Saint Petersburg Beach FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA WEAK COLD FRONT WILL EXIT THE SOUTHERN WATERS THIS
MORNING. A REINFORCING STRONGER COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH ACROSS
THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY SATURDAY. ROBUST NORTHWEST TO
NORTH WINDS WITH GUSTS TO GALE FORCE ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE
TONIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY. WINDS AND SEAS WILL SUBSIDE
SOME SATURDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK...BUT WILL REMAIN RATHER
- Tonight NNW wind 7 to 12 kt. A slight chance of light rain after 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind 18 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. A slight chance of light rain before 11am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 10 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night ENE wind 11 to 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday ENE wind around 13 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night ENE wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ENE wind around 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night E wind 11 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE