Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.21 in (1023.1 mb)
- Dewpoint56°F (13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Galveston, Scholes Field (KGLS)
Lat: 29.27°N Lon: 94.87°W Elev: 6ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 60. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 65. North wind around 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 57. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 69. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 57.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 65. Windy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Breezy.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 64.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Galveston County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE