Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM NW Vilano Beach FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST
1/3 OF THE SEAS...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST 1/10 OF THE SEAS.
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE AREA LATE TONIGHT...WITH WINDY
NORTHERLY FLOW SATURDAY AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS WEST OF THE REGION.
GALE FORCE CONDITIONS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE OFFSHORE ZONES SATURDAY
WITH GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. WINDS WILL SHIFT ONSHORE SUNDAY NIGHT WITH
ONSHORE WINDS THEN CONTINUING THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK AS
THE HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE SETTLES NORTH AND EAST OF THE WATERS.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 8 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 18 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WNW wind 18 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday N wind 11 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night N wind around 11 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ENE wind 10 to 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ENE wind around 11 kt, with gusts as high as 18 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday E wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE