Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms through Wednesday evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM NW Vilano Beach FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST
1/3 OF THE SEAS...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST 1/10 OF THE SEAS.
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS AREA WATERS THROUGH THURSDAY.
A COLD FRONT WILL CROSS FRIDAY EVENING INTO EARLY SATURDAY...WITH
STRONG THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE. COOLER HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD
BACK IN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEKEND AND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight ENE wind 6 to 9 kt. Isolated showers, mainly between 2am and 4am. Patchy fog after 4am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 6 to 11 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers after 9am. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE around 6 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 7 to 9 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WNW wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 10 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 18 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind 6 to 9 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE