Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1022.4 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (KAUS)
Lat: 30.2 Lon: -97.68 Elev: 663ft.
3 Miles WSW Austin-Bergstrom International Airport TX
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 56. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. North northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 58. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 30. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 62. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 66. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 68.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Travis County, TX
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: 3 Miles WSW Austin-Bergstrom International Airport TX
30.18°N 97.74°W (Elev. 522 ft)
- Last Update: 5:59 am CST Dec 13, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 7am CST Dec 13, 2013-6pm CST Dec 19, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE