On Saturday, severe weather will be possible across portions of the northern Plains while dry and hot conditions begin returning to the West.
Severe weather is possible over parts of the northern Plains on Saturday. During the late afternoon and early evening hours, large hail and isolated tornadoes will be the primary threats with damaging winds becoming the greatest threat in the late evening hours. Out west, hot and dry conditions begin to return bringing increased heat dangers and fire weather concerns.
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisATLANTIC HIGH PRESSURE WILL EXPAND WESTWARD THROUGH THE WEEKEND AND
PREVAIL THROUGH AT LEAST THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. A COLD FRONT COULD
APPROACH OR ADVANCE THROUGH THE REGION LATE NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight S wind around 6 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1pm and 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSE wind 5 to 9 kt becoming S after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind 10 to 14 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day WSW wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSW wind 9 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE