Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM EST SUNDAY THROUGH
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE TO THE NORTH WILL SLOWLY GIVE WAY TO A WARM FRONT
WHICH WILL MOVE NORTH THROUGH THE AREA SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL
THEN SHIFT TOWARD THE COAST AND OFFSHORE BY MONDAY NIGHT. THE FRONT
WILL MEANDER OFF THE SE COAST INTO EARLY WEDNESDAY...BEFORE MOVING
AWAY AND ALLOWING FOR HIGH PRESSURE TO RETURN INTO THE HOLIDAY
- Tonight E wind around 11 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 5am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday E wind 10 to 15 kt becoming ESE 16 to 21 kt in the afternoon. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 16 to 18 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 1am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind 14 to 18 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10am. Patchy fog before 10am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 9 to 11 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 7 to 9 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night N wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind around 16 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 11 to 14 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE