Powerful snowstorm, including blizzard conditions, forecast in parts of the Northeast Monday into Tuesday
The clipper system bringing snow to the Ohio Valley and mid-Atlantic Sunday and Monday will transition to a strong nor'easter Monday into Tuesday. Heavy snow and strong wind, even blizzard conditions, are possible in parts of the northern mid-Atlantic and New England. A Blizzard Watch is in effect from coastal New Jersey to Massachusetts. Winter Storm Watches stretch from Delaware to Maine.
5NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL SHIFT EAST OF THE AREA THIS AFTERNOON. LOW PRESSURE
WILL PASS NORTH OF THE REGION TONIGHT INTO MONDAY. THIS WILL ALLOW
A COLD FRONT TO SWING THROUGH THE AREA LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY
MONDAY...WITH ANOTHER REINFORCING COLD FRONT ON TUESDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL THEN PREVAIL THROUGH THURSDAY.
- This Afternoon Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt. Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind around 12 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Increasing clouds. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind 11 to 16 kt. A slight chance of showers after 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 16 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WNW wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind around 14 kt becoming N after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind 12 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE