Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA STATIONARY FRONT WILL REMAIN OFFSHORE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY
BEFORE MOVING BACK TOWARD THE COAST FRIDAY INTO SUNDAY.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ENE wind 8 to 12 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night E wind 6 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind around 10 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE