Threat of flash flooding continues into Monday for parts of Texas and New Mexico
Conditions will remain favorable for heavy rain and flooding through early Monday in parts of New Mexico and Texas along a stalled front. Isolated locations could receive 1 to 2 inches of additional rainfall. Numerous Flash Flood Watches and Warnings are in effect. The rainfall is forecast to taper off Monday afternoon.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL ADVANCE THROUGH THE WATERS LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT
BEFORE STALLING SOUTH OF THE AREA. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM
THE NORTH THROUGH NEXT WEEKEND WHILE A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE
STRENGTHENS NEAR THE COAST.
- Today WNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind 8 to 12 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 8pm and 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind 14 to 17 kt increasing to 17 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 18 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 18 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 14 to 16 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 13 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 14 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE