Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL PREVAIL OVER THE AREA TODAY. A STRONG COLD
FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...FOLLOWED BY UNSEASONABLY COLD
HIGH PRESSURE INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. THE HIGH WILL EVENTUALLY SHIFT
OFFSHORE DURING THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK AS ANOTHER COLD FRONT
APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST.
- This Afternoon N wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1am and 2am, then a slight chance of showers after 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 17 to 22 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 20 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNW wind 15 to 18 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 11 kt becoming N after midnight. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind 9 to 11 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind 7 to 11 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE