Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT WILL MOVE NORTH THROUGH THE AREA TODAY. A COLD FRONT
WILL THEN SHIFT TOWARD THE COAST AND OFFSHORE BY MONDAY NIGHT. THE
FRONT WILL MEANDER OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST INTO EARLY
WEDNESDAY...BEFORE AN OFFSHORE LOW PRESSURE PULLS THE FRONT TO THE
NORTHEAST AND ALLOWS HIGH PRESSURE TO RETURN INTO THE HOLIDAY
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 22 kt. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind 19 to 22 kt decreasing to 14 to 17 kt after midnight. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind 15 to 17 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Areas of fog before 10am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 9 to 13 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind around 8 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night N wind 7 to 10 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind around 17 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind around 9 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE