Stormy weather expected for the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West
An impressive frontal system will continue moving through the Pacific Northwest and the Intermountain West and slowly make its way south. Behind it very cold Arctic air will follow. Higher elevation snow and moderate rainfall can be expected throughout these regions along with strong winds.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST FRIDAY...
- SynopsisARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM THE WEST AND NORTHWEST TONIGHT.
HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN PREVAIL THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. A COLD
FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE NORTH TUESDAY...WITH AN INLAND WEDGE OF
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING IN ITS WAKE FOR THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight N wind around 15 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind 9 to 14 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 8 kt becoming W after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind around 7 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE