Significant threat for flash floods in the Southwest U.S. this week
Heavy precipitation is expected over portions of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall by Thursday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches are in effect for much of this area.
6NM NW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE NORTHWEST LATE TODAY
AND PUSH THROUGH THE REGION LATE WEDNESDAY. AN INLAND WEDGE OF
HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN PREVAIL IN THE WAKE OF THE FRONT INTO THE
WEEKEND. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST EARLY NEXT
- This Afternoon NW wind around 6 kt becoming W. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 4pm and 5pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 13 to 17 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 15 to 17 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind around 17 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE