Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COASTAL TROUGH WILL PERSIST THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- This Afternoon E wind around 14 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight E wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday E wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSE wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday S wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSE wind 8 to 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind 6 to 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE