Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT WILL MOVE NORTH THROUGH THE AREA TODAY. A COLD FRONT
WILL THEN SHIFT TOWARD THE COAST AND OFFSHORE BY MONDAY NIGHT. THE
FRONT WILL MEANDER OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST INTO EARLY
WEDNESDAY...BEFORE AN OFFSHORE LOW PRESSURE PULLS THE FRONT TO THE
NORTHEAST AND ALLOWS HIGH PRESSURE TO RETURN INTO THE HOLIDAY
- Today NE wind 13 to 18 kt becoming E 18 to 23 kt in the afternoon. Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Seas 3 ft building to 6 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 19 to 22 kt decreasing to 15 to 18 kt after midnight. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 3am, then a chance of showers. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday SSW wind 15 to 18 kt. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 7am. Patchy fog between 9am and 10am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 9 to 13 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 8 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night N wind 8 to 11 kt increasing to 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind 17 to 19 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 11 to 16 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind around 9 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE