Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
6NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD INTO THE WATERS FROM THE NORTH THROUGH
THURSDAY BEFORE A STRONG COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD OVER THE REGION THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Today ENE wind around 6 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night ESE wind 5 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 6 to 11 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers between 9am and 2pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 14 to 17 kt becoming SW after midnight. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely between 8pm and 2am, then a chance of showers after 2am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday W wind 13 to 17 kt. A chance of showers before 8am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 11 to 14 kt becoming NW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE