Threat of flash flooding continues on Sunday for Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West
High levels of moisture still remain in portions of the Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West on Sunday. This will continue the threat of locally heavy rainfall for one more day. Isolated locations could receive 1-2 inches of additional rainfall on Sunday. The areal coverage of these storms should be less than previous days.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BRIEFLY BUILD OVER THE AREA TODAY AND TONIGHT. A
COLD FRONT WILL THEN ADVANCE THROUGH THE REGION MONDAY AND WILL
STALL SOUTH OF THE AREA THROUGH NEXT WEEKEND. A BROAD AREA OF HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM THE NORTH TUESDAY AND WILL PREVAIL INTO
NEXT WEEKEND...WHILE A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS AND
STRENGTHENS OFF THE COAST.
- Today NW wind 9 to 13 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind 10 to 14 kt. Clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night NNE wind 8 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind 17 to 19 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 18 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 18 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind 16 to 19 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday NE wind around 14 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE