Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
6NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD NORTH OF THE WATERS THROUGH THIS WEEKEND.
A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 11 to 16 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind around 16 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NNE wind 12 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday N wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 5 to 9 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE