Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the Pacific Northwest through late Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
5NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisUNSETTLED WEATHER IS EXPECTED TODAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT AS
SEVERAL DISTURBANCES MOVE OVER THE REGION. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL
THEN APPROACH FROM THE WEST ON WEDNESDAY...THEN SHIFT THROUGH THE
AREA WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO EARLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. DRY HIGH
PRESSURE WILL THEN SETTLE OVER THE SOUTHEAST INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Today NNE wind around 16 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 13 to 17 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday N wind 10 to 13 kt decreasing to 7 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly before 11am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night NNE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming ENE after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday E wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of showers before 10am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 10am and 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night ESE wind 8 to 11 kt becoming S 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind 16 to 18 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 18 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Christmas Day W wind 14 to 17 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE