Wintry mix and snow from the western mountains to the southern Plains
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD NORTH OF THE REGION THROUGH TONIGHT AND
WEDGE SOUTHWARD OVER GEORGIA AND SOUTH CAROLINA OVER THE WEEKEND
WHILE A COASTAL TROUGH DEVELOPS OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST. A COLD
FRONT WILL MOVE IN AND STALL OVER OR JUST SOUTH OF THE AREA ON
MONDAY...THEN LIFT NORTH AS A WARM FRONT ON TUESDAY. A COLD FRONT
WILL SHIFT THROUGH THE AREA LATE WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY...FOLLOWED
BY COOLER HIGH PRESSURE NEXT WEEKEND.
- Overnight NE wind around 18 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 19 to 22 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 17 to 19 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 3am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NNE wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NNE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 6 to 11 kt in the evening. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind 9 to 12 kt becoming SE 6 to 9 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SSW 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE