Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE AREA THROUGH FRIDAY. A STRONG COLD
FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS LATE FRIDAY NIGHT AND EARLY
SATURDAY... FOLLOWED BY STRONGER HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING FROM THE
WEST OVER THE WEEKEND. THE HIGH WILL SIT OVER THE SOUTHEAST COAST
EARLY NEXT WEEK...THEN SHIFT OFFSHORE DURING THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK
AS ANOTHER COLD FRONT APPROACHES.
- Overnight NNE wind around 16 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday N wind 9 to 14 kt. A slight chance of showers between 8am and 9am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind 19 to 22 kt increasing to 22 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 23 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 14 to 18 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE