A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 453 IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE REGION TONIGHT AND BECOME
STATIONARY SOUTH/SOUTHEAST OF THE AREA THROUGH THE MIDDLE
OF THE WEEK. THE FRONT WILL THEN SLOWLY MOVE BACK TOWARDS THE
SOUTHEAST COAST AS A COASTAL TROUGH LATE IN THE WEEK THROUGH EARLY
NEXT WEEK...BRINGING THE POSSIBILITY OF SOME UNSETTLED WEATHER.
- Tonight WSW wind 10 to 14 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Some storms could be severe, with large hail, damaging winds, and frequent lightning. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 7 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night ESE wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday E wind 7 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 7 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE