Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST EARLY THIS
- SynopsisUNSETTLED WEATHER IS EXPECTED THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT AS SEVERAL
DISTURBANCES MOVE OVER THE REGION. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL THEN
APPROACH FROM THE WEST ON WEDNESDAY...THEN SHIFT THROUGH THE AREA
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO EARLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. DRY HIGH PRESSURE
WILL THEN SETTLE OVER THE SOUTHEAST INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight NNE wind around 14 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 11am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 7 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind around 7 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 8 to 11 kt becoming SSE 11 to 14 kt after midnight. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday S wind 15 to 19 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind 17 to 19 kt. A chance of showers before 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Christmas Day W wind 14 to 17 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 8 to 11 kt becoming NW 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE