Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SLOWLY SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE WATERS THROUGH
TONIGHT. AN INLAND WEDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN PREVAIL IN
THE WAKE OF THE FRONT INTO THE WEEKEND. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL
APPROACH FROM THE WEST EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 5 to 9 kt in the morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 11 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 11 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 10 to 12 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday N wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE