Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM EDT SATURDAY THROUGH LATE
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...FOLLOWED BY
UNSEASONABLY COLD HIGH PRESSURE INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. THE HIGH WILL
EVENTUALLY SHIFT OFFSHORE DURING THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK AS ANOTHER
COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST.
- Overnight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers, mainly between 1am and 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 18 to 21 kt increasing to 22 to 25 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 20 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 14 to 17 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 12 kt. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday NE wind 6 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNE 5 to 7 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday NNE wind 8 to 10 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 7 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE