Tropical Storm Bertha moving through northeastern Caribbean
The National Hurricane Center is currently monitoring Tropical Storm Bertha as it moves through the northeastern Caribbean, with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with Bertha expected to pass near Puerto Rico on Saturday, before eventually curving to the north and northeast, away from the U.S. mainland.
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA STATIONARY FRONT WILL LINGER NEAR THE SOUTHEAST COAST THROUGH THE
MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK...STEERING TROPICAL STORM BERTHA OUT TO SEA...AND
ALSO BRINGING UNSETTLED WEATHER TO THE LOCAL AREA. REFER TO THE
LATEST ADVISORY ON BERTHA FROM THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER.
- Tonight S wind 9 to 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSE wind 8 to 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 8pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 6 to 11 kt in the morning. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 2pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind 8 to 11 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 8pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday NE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming ESE 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday S wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE