Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EST TUESDAY...
- SynopsisA SLOW MOVING COLD FRONT WILL SHIFT TOWARD THE AREA LATE TONIGHT
AND STALL OVER OR NEARBY ON TUESDAY. AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL
DEVELOP OFF THE GEORGIA COAST TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND LIFT NORTHEAST
TUESDAY NIGHT. DRY HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD INTO THE SOUTHEAST
UNITED STATES WEDNESDAY THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight SSW wind 12 to 15 kt becoming SSW 8 to 11 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely after midnight. Patchy fog. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming N 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night N wind 13 to 16 kt increasing to 17 to 20 kt after midnight. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 13 to 18 kt. Rain, mainly before 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 8 to 12 kt becoming W after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day W wind 12 to 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 12 to 15 kt. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday N wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE