Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisMAINLY HIGH PRESSURE WILL PREVAIL THROUGH MID WEEK. A COLD FRONT
WILL STALL AND DISSIPATE NORTH OF THE REGION LATE IN THE
WEEK...FOLLOWED BY HIGH PRESSURE. A STRONGER COLD FRONT COULD
APPROACH THE REGION LATE IN THE WEEKEND.
- Labor Day Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 8 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 6 to 9 kt becoming S 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 9 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 7 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SSE 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 8 to 11 kt decreasing to 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE