Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisCONTINENTAL HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM THE WEST AND NW TODAY AND
TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN PREVAIL THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. A
COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE NORTH TUESDAY...WITH AN INLAND
WEDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING IN ITS WAKE FOR THE MIDDLE OF NEXT
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 13 to 15 kt becoming N after midnight. Clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday N wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 8 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday W wind around 7 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE