Severe weather possible from Upper Midwest across Ohio Valley and into central Appalachians, as well as for parts of Desert Southwest
Scattered severe thunderstorms are expected to develop Thursday afternoon and evening over parts of the Upper Midwest and Ohio Valley and into the central Appalachians. Damaging wind and large hail are the main threats for this area. Meanwhile, storms with large hail and strong winds will also be possible across parts of the Desert Southwest, specifically over the lower Colorado River Valley.
10NM NNW Cape Romain Buoy MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisTHE REGION WILL REMAIN BETWEEN ATLANTIC HIGH PRESSURE AND AN INLAND
TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE THROUGH FRIDAY. A BACKDOOR COLD FRONT WILL
ADVANCE THROUGH THE AREA THIS WEEKEND. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD
FROM THE NORTH THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- This Afternoon SSW wind around 7 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind around 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday WSW wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 8pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind 13 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday NE wind 15 to 18 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE