Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.34 in
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Georgetown County Airport (KGGE)
Lat: 33.31 Lon: -79.32 Elev: 40ft.
8 Miles NE McClellanville SC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. North wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55. North wind 7 to 9 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Saturday Rain, mainly after 1pm. High near 66. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Georgetown, SC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE