Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1020.5 mb)
- Dewpoint42°F (6°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Tuscaloosa Regional Airport (KTCL)
Lat: 33.23 Lon: -87.62 Elev: 186ft.
2 Miles SW Tuscaloosa AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 35. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 43. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Showers. High near 54. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 50. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 49. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tuscaloosa County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE