Nor'easter to impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S. as a nor'easter continues to be forecast to move up the East Coast through early Thursday. This storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. These conditions are expected to impact Thanksgiving travel conditions on Wednesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL DEEPEN AS IT TRACKS NORTHEAST UP ALONG
THE CAROLINA COAST THIS MORNING...LIFTING FURTHER OFF TO THE
NORTHEAST THIS AFTERNOON. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS THE WATERS
THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY...SETTLING OVERHEAD THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Today W wind 18 to 21 kt decreasing to 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Rain, mainly before noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day WSW wind around 15 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 13 to 15 kt becoming N after midnight. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday N wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday W wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE