Active weather pattern on Sunday brings the threat of wintry weather to several parts of the U.S
A few areas of active weather are expected on Sunday. The first will be in the Southwest, as locally heavy rain and mountain snow is possible in portions of California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. Further east, wintry weather is possible over a large portion of the country. Numerous winter weather products have been issued from the southern Plains to New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST SUNDAY...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL SLOWLY BUILD IN FROM THE NORTH OVERNIGHT THEN
DRIFT OFFSHORE SUNDAY. COASTAL TROUGH WILL DEVELOP OVERNIGHT AND
STRENGTHEN ON SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA MONDAY
BEFORE STALLING SOUTH OF THE AREA MONDAY NIGHT. THE FRONT WILL MOVE
NORTH ACROSS THE AREA AS A WARM FRONT TUESDAY. ANOTHER COLD FRONT
WILL MOVE ACROSS THE WATERS FROM THE WEST ON THURSDAY.
- Overnight NE wind 17 to 20 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 3am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 11 to 16 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WNW 5 to 7 kt after midnight. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday WNW wind around 7 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 7 to 10 kt increasing to 12 to 15 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers after 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind 11 to 14 kt becoming ESE 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 8 to 13 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind 12 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 16 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE