Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM THE NORTH TODAY...WITH ITS CENTER
MOVING OVERHEAD LATE TONIGHT INTO SAT...AND FINALLY OFFSHORE BY
SUN. A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE FROM TEXAS TO THE
GREAT LAKES LATE THIS WEEKEND...CREATING SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY
CONDITIONS SUN INTO MON. A COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS ON
- This Afternoon NE wind around 16 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 15 to 17 kt. Clear. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NE wind around 14 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind around 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday E wind 14 to 17 kt becoming SE 17 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 17 to 20 kt. Showers, mainly before 1am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Monday SSW wind around 16 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 11 to 14 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 9 to 12 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE