Nor'easter winding down as new system approaches Northeast, record-breaking warmth continues across central U.S.
The nor'easter that brought 2-3 feet of snow to parts of the Northeast is winding down, with heavy snow and strong winds continuing across eastern Maine on Wednesday. Another round of snow is expected across the Northeast Thursday into Friday. Meanwhile, temperatures as much as 25-35 degrees above normal will continue across the central U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS THE WATERS FROM THE NORTH TODAY AND
MOVE OVERHEAD LATE TONIGHT AND THURSDAY MORNING...BEFORE MOVING
OFFSHORE. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA THURSDAY
NIGHT...FOLLOWED BY ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING SOUTHWARD FOR THE
WEEKEND. THE NEXT STORM SYSTEM WILL APPROACH SUNDAY NIGHT.
- Tonight NNE wind 9 to 12 kt. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 11 to 15 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of showers after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday WNW wind around 15 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind around 16 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 8 to 13 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday E wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 11 to 15 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Showers likely. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE