Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE WATERS THIS AFTERNOON BEHIND A
STALLING COLD FRONT OFFSHORE. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN FOLLOW
FOR FRI. STRONG LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OFF THE CAROLINA COASTS
FRI NIGHT AND SAT...THEN ACCELERATE TO THE NE...AWAY FROM THE
LOCAL WATERS BY SUN. THE STRONG COLD FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW
WILL CROSS THE LOCAL WATERS SAT. IN ITS WAKE...STRONG CANADIAN
HIGH PRESSURE WILL RIDGE ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH EARLY NEXT
WEEK...WITH ITS CENTER MOVING OVERHEAD MON INTO TUE.
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 11 to 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday N wind 9 to 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind 6 to 9 kt becoming WSW 10 to 13 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers after 5am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind 23 to 28 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A slight chance of rain before 2pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 22 to 27 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday N wind 12 to 17 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NNE wind around 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NNE wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE