Slight risk of severe weather on Sunday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma expects a slight risk of severe for portions of the Central United States on Sunday. The area of greatest concern is in southern Minnesota, western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and northern Kansas. The primary threat for these locations will be large hail and damaging winds, however, a few isolated tornadoes are also possible.
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT STALLED ACROSS CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA WILL DISSIPATE AS
IT SLOWLY RETREATS NORTHWARD TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
WESTERN ATLANTIC WILL BECOME THE DOMINATE FEATURE AFFECTING THE
WATERS THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight S wind 8 to 10 kt. Isolated showers after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SSE wind 6 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Labor Day S wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 13 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 10 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind around 9 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 8 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE