Flash flooding possible across parts of Midwest
Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a strong cold front moving across the Midwest on Friday are expected to produce rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour, creating a risk of flash flooding across parts of southern Minnesota and northern and central Iowa. The flash flooding risk will continue into Saturday and move eastward, into the Ohio Valley.
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA FRONT STALLED ACROSS SOUTH CAROLINA WILL MOVE NORTH OF THE
CAROLINAS OVERNIGHT INTO SATURDAY. WINDS AND SEAS WILL INCREASE
THIS WEEKEND AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT EXPECTED TO MOVE ACROSS THE
AREA MONDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD EAST FROM THE PLAINS
TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY.
- Late Afternoon SE wind around 8 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 10pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 17 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday WSW wind 15 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 7am. Seas 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 13 to 18 kt becoming W after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday NNW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE