Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday evening across parts of the Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisBERMUDA HIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN ANCHORED OFFSHORE WHILE A PIEDMONT
TROUGH RESIDES FURTHER INLAND INTO THE WEEKEND. A COLD FRONT MAY
REACH THE AREA EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight SW wind 11 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 9 to 11 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 7 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming S after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 10 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 7 to 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind 6 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind around 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE