Flooding Rains Continue to Threaten the Southwest, Southern Plains
Heavy rain is soaking much of southern and central New Mexico and Texas Thursday as the remnants of Odile moving into the southwestern United States. Up to four inches of rain has been reported in parts of New Mexico as of Thursday morning. Additional rainfall of two to four inches, with local amounts to six inches, can be expected through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM THE NORTH...BRINGING A PROLONGED
AND STRENGTHENING NORTHEAST SURGE INTO THE WEEKEND. SWELL FROM
DISTANT HURRICANE EDOUARD WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT THE WATERS INTO
LATE WEEK. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH THE WATERS EARLY NEXT WEEK...
BRINGING A RETURN TO WESTERLY WINDS.
- This Afternoon ENE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight E wind 7 to 12 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 9pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday E wind 11 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 16 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind around 17 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 11 to 16 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NNE wind 8 to 11 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW around 6 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday W wind 6 to 8 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE