Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado across much of Nebraska and northern Kansas and into extreme portions of western Iowa and northwestern Missouri. Large hail, damaging winds and isolated tornadoes are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL PUSH S ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS
EARLY SATURDAY...BRINGING MODERATE NE WINDS EARLY NEXT WEEK AS
STRONG HIGH PRESSURE RIDGES SOUTHWARD INTO THE AREA. A SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY FOR WINDS AND SEAS MAY NEEDED LATE IN THE WEEKEND AND
EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight SW wind 10 to 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE 5 to 9 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 17 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 15 to 18 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night ENE wind 14 to 17 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind around 17 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind 10 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE