Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM EST THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE
- SynopsisA GALE WARNING IS IN EFFECT. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH
FROM THE WEST AND PUSH ACROSS THE WATERS DURING MONDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL FOLLOW MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH MID-WEEK. THE NEXT LOW
PRESSURE SYSTEM MAY AFFECT THE AREA LATE WEEK.
- Tonight SSW wind 12 to 17 kt increasing to 21 to 26 kt. Winds could gust as high as 33 kt. Showers, mainly after 2am. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
- Monday SW wind 26 to 29 kt becoming WNW 22 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 38 kt. Showers, mainly before 1pm. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 15 to 19 kt becoming N after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 10 to 13 kt becoming NE 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 5 to 7 kt after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind 9 to 12 kt becoming NNE 13 to 16 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 18 to 22 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE