Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE NORTHEASTWARD ALONG A STALLED FRONT ABOUT
40 MILES OFFSHORE THIS MORNING. THE FRONT WILL MOVE ONSHORE TUESDAY.
LOW PRESSURE MOVING THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY WEDNESDAY WILL PUSH A
COLD FRONT ACROSS THE WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL
BUILD IN FROM THE WEST CHRISTMAS DAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- Today N wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 7 to 10 kt becoming E after midnight. Areas of drizzle, then a chance of rain after 2am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday E wind around 7 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 7 to 10 kt becoming S 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Showers. Patchy fog. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind around 16 kt. Showers. Patchy fog. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 18 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Patchy fog before 1am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Christmas Day W wind 14 to 17 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE