Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL NUDGE INTO THE AREA TODAY BETWEEN AN APPROACHING
COLD FRONT FROM THE WEST AND A WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG A
STALLED FRONT OFFSHORE. STRONG LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OFFSHORE
FROM THE NC COAST SAT AND BOMB AS IT ACCELERATES TO THE NE THIS
WEEKEND. ITS ASSOCIATED POWERFUL COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE REGION
DURING SAT FOLLOWED BY STRONG COLD CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING
ACROSS THE AREA FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS WEEKEND. THE CENTER OF
THIS HIGH WILL TRACK OVERHEAD MON THROUGH TUE.
- Today NNE wind 10 to 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight N wind 9 to 13 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of rain after 4am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday W wind 18 to 21 kt increasing to 23 to 26 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain, mainly after 7am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 26 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 18 to 21 kt decreasing to 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NNE wind 6 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 6 kt. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday NNE wind 7 to 9 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE