Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL SLIDE OFF THE COAST TONIGHT AS A WARM FRONT
APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTH. THIS FRONT WILL BRING RAIN AND INCREASING
WINDS SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS LATE MON NIGHT OR
TUE AND WILL STALL JUST OFFSHORE. LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ALONG
THIS FRONT THEN MOVE NE...PASSING OFF THE CAROLINA COAST LATE TUE.
HIGH PRESSURE WILL RETURN WED.
- Overnight ESE wind around 11 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 2am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday E wind 9 to 12 kt becoming SE 17 to 22 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas 3 ft building to 6 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 18 to 22 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Rain and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 2am, then a chance of rain and thunderstorms after 2am. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday SW wind 16 to 18 kt. A chance of rain and thunderstorms, mainly before 8am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind 11 to 13 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A slight chance of rain and thunderstorms. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 11 to 16 kt in the evening. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday N wind 17 to 21 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 9 to 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE