Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA BERMUDA HIGH PRESSURE PATTERN WILL RESULT IN S AND SW WINDS
THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. GUSTS UP TO 20 KT WILL OCCASIONALLY
OCCUR IN THE AFTERNOONS AND EARLY EVENINGS. TSTMS MAY APPROACH THE
COAST AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY OVERNIGHT AND VERY EARLY MORNINGS.
- Tonight S wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1am and 5am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 8am and 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 7 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE