Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast, New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Damaging wind will be the primary threat. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms over parts of New England, where damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM WNW Georgetown Nearshore Wreck MR
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH THE COAST FROM THE NORTHWEST
TODAY...CROSSING THE LOCAL WATERS LATE TONIGHT. A FEW STRONG TO
SEVERE TSTMS ARE LIKELY BY EVENING. IN WAKE OF THE FRONT...HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM THE NORTHWEST THROUGH MUCH OF THE WEEK.
- Late Afternoon SW wind around 14 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SW wind around 13 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 9pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 8 to 13 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 8 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday E wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 5 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE