Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.38 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Georgetown County Airport (KGGE)
Lat: 33.31 Lon: -79.32 Elev: 40ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 54. North wind 7 to 11 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. North wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55. Light and variable wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Showers. High near 65. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Georgetown, SC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE