Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.02 in (1016.3 mb)
- Dewpoint50°F (10°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Steady temperature around 54. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Showers, mainly before midnight. Low around 35. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 43. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Showers. High near 59. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 51. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE