Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 18 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1011.1 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 49. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 32. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 65. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 67.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 65.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE