Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1033.7 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 46. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 29. Calm wind.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 43. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a chance of rain after noon. High near 58. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE