Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedN 15 G 21 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.3 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of rain after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 46. North wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 45. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Showers. High near 55. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 50. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 51. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of rain before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE