Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer30.08 in (1018.5 mb)
- Dewpoint56°F (13°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Areas of fog. Low around 49. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. Areas of fog before 9am. Temperature falling to around 45 by 5pm. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 40. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 44. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE