Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
- Wind SpeedSE 9 km/h
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°C (18°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill7°C (45°F)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 12. Southeast wind around 10 km/h.
- Tonight Rain, mainly after midnight. Low around 7. Southeast wind 5 to 15 km/h increasing to 15 to 25 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before noon, then a chance of drizzle. High near 13. Southeast wind 20 to 25 km/h becoming southwest 10 to 15 km/h in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A chance of drizzle before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 3. Northwest wind 10 to 15 km/h increasing to 15 to 20 km/h after midnight.
- Sunday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 7. Northwest wind 15 to 20 km/h.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around -2.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 11.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 14.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 2.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 14.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 15.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE