Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 10 mph
- Barometer30.34 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Myrtle Beach International Airport (KMYR)
Lat: 33.69 Lon: -78.93 Elev: 26ft.
3 Miles WNW Surfside Beach SC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 36. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 50. North wind 13 to 17 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. North wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 53. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light east after midnight.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Horry, SC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE