Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Hanover International Airport (KILM)
Lat: 34.28 Lon: -77.92 Elev: 46ft.
Silver Lake NC
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Light northwest wind.
- Thursday Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 49. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 26. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal New Hanover, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE