Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
20NM WSW Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 23Z...OR 3 PM PST...A RIDGE OF HIGH PRES
CENTERED SW OF POINT CONCEPTION WILL STRENGTHEN WHILE SHIFTING NE
AND BUILD INLAND THROUGH SUN. THE RIDGE WILL THEN PERSIST OVER
THE ERN PAC WHILE STRENGTHENING OVER THE GREAT BASIN MON THROUGH
- Tonight NW wind 15 to 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Mixed swell...WNW 6 to 7 ft at 16 seconds and S 1 ft at 18 seconds. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 6 to 7 ft at 15 seconds and S 1 ft at 18 seconds. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...WNW 6 ft at 14 seconds and S 1 ft at 0 seconds. Wind waves around 3 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 6 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...WNW 4 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 6 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...WNW 6 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 6 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. WNW swell 6 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE