Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
25NM WSW Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 15Z...OR 8 AM PDT...A 986 MB LOW WAS 400 NM
NW OF SAN FRANCISCO WITH AN ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT EXTENDING S FROM
THE LOW. THIS FRONT WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS TODAY...
WITH INCREASING NW WINDS DEVELOPING BEHIND THE FRONT TONIGHT AND
SUN. ADDITIONALLY...A LARGE WEST SWELL WILL MOVE INTO THE COASTAL
WATERS TONIGHT AND SUN.
- Today W wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. W swell 4 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Tonight NW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. W swell 8 ft at 14 seconds. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind around 15 kt. Sunny. W swell 7 to 8 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Clear. Mixed swell...W 5 to 6 ft and SSW 2 ft. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Monday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 4 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind 5 to 15 kt. Clear. W swell 4 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 3 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. Clear. Mixed swell...W 3 ft and S 2 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 4 ft and S 2 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE