Severe thunderstorms forecast this evening into tonight
Scattered severe storms with wind and hail will occur this evening and tonight from the central Plains east-northeast to southern Lake Michigan. A cluster of severe storms is possible over the Black Hills region, and more isolated wind and hail storms may occur over interior portions of the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
25NM WSW Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisAT 09Z...OR 2 AM PDT...SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE
WAS OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC AND A 1006 MB LOW WAS NEAR LAS VEGAS.
ACROSS THE OUTER WATERS...MODERATE NW FLOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH
THU NIGHT. ACROSS THE INNER WATERS...WEAK TO MODERATE W TO NW
FLOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THU NIGHT.
- Overnight WNW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly clear. W swell 3 ft at 10 seconds. Wind waves around 3 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Sunny. W swell 4 ft at 10 seconds. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night WNW wind 10 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Clear. W swell 4 ft at 9 seconds. Wind waves 5 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming W in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Sunny. W swell 5 ft. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Mostly clear. W swell 5 ft. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. W swell 4 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. W swell 4 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. W swell 4 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE