Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
25NM WSW Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 10Z...OR 2 AM PST...A 1029 MB HIGH PRESSURE
CENTER WAS LOCATED 400 NM WEST OF MONTEREY CALIFORNIA AND A TROUGH
OF LOW PRESSURE WAS OVER THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA.
MODERATE NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE OUTER WATERS
THROUGH TONIGHT. GUSTY OFFSHORE WINDS WILL AFFECT THE NEARSHORE
WATERS DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS THROUGH TUESDAY WITH THE
STRONGEST WINDS NEAR THE COAST FROM MALIBU TO SANTA MONICA.
- Today NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Sunny. WNW swell 6 ft at 15 seconds. Wind waves 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. WNW swell 4 to 5 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. WNW swell 4 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. WNW swell 4 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. WNW swell 4 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. WNW swell 4 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. WNW swell 3 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. WNW swell 2 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. WNW swell 2 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE