Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
25NM WSW Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 09Z...OR 2 AM PDT...A 1027 MB HIGH WAS
LOCATED OVER WYOMING AND A 1019 MB HIGH WAS 200 NM W OF POINT
CONCEPTION. A WEAK TROUGH WAS ALONG THE CA COAST. A COLD FRONT IS
FORECAST TO MOVE INTO CENTRAL CALIFORNIA FRIDAY AND INTO SOUTHERN
CA LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY. THIS WILL BRING SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY LEVEL WINDS BEHIND THE FRONT SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY
EVENING. THERE WILL BE A CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. MODELS HAVE BACKED OFF ON THE
POTENTIAL FOR GALE FORCE WINDS THIS WEEKEND.
- Today SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. W swell 3 ft at 11 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Cloudy. W swell 3 ft at 10 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A chance of drizzle, then a slight chance of rain after 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. W swell 3 ft at 9 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers before 11am. W swell 6 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. W swell 7 ft. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday N wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Sunny. W swell 5 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. W swell 4 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE