Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1027.5 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill47°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Jacksonville, New River, Marine Corps Air Station (KNCA)
Lat: 34.71 Lon: -77.43 Elev: 16ft.
Surf City NC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 47. North wind 10 to 17 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 24. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 51. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Pender, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE