Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
31NM S Santa Maria CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 23Z...OR 3 PM PST...A TROUGH OF LOW PRES
OVER CENTRAL BAJA WILL MOVE N AND MOVE OVER THE AREA TONIGHT
THROUGH MON NIGHT. A RIDGE OF HIGH PRES WILL REBUILD OVER THE ERN
PAC WED THROUGH THU.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind 5 to 10 kt increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers after 4pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers, mainly between 10pm and 4am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers before 10am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. WNW swell 5 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 10 kt becoming N in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE