Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest, New England
An active weather pattern continues across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in several inches of rain across the region. Meanwhile, a coastal storm off the Northeast coast will bring periods of rain to parts of New England through early Friday. Showers and thunderstorms are also possible across parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
31NM S Santa Maria CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 16Z...OR 9 AM PDT...A LOW PRES SYSTEM WILL
DEVELOP OVER THE ERN PAC APPROXIMATELY 800 NM W OF POINT PIEDRAS
BLANCAS THIS EVENING AND MOVE NE WHILE DEEPENING. A FRONTAL
BOUNDARY WILL APPROACH THE AREA FRI NIGHT AND IS EXPECTED TO
DISSIPATE OVER THE COASTAL WATERS SAT MORNING. HIGH PRES IS
EXPECTED TO DEVELOP W OF POINT CONCEPTION SAT NIGHT AND SHIFT E
SUN AND N WINDS WILL DEVELOP AND STRENGTHEN NEAR SHORE SUN.
- This Afternoon Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Increasing clouds. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 20 to 25 kt becoming N 10 to 15 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday N wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE