Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
41NM S Santa Maria CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 03Z...OR 8 PM PDT...A 996 MB LOW AND
ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WERE 700 NM NW OF POINT CONCEPTION. THE COLD
FRONT WILL CROSS THE SW CA COASTAL WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND
SAT...FOLLOWED BY INCREASING NW WINDS AND BUILDING W SWELL SAT
NIGHT INTO SUN. NW GALES WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER THE OUTER WATERS
SUN THROUGH SUN NIGHT.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NNW in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Sunny. WNW swell 9 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Clear. NW swell 8 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday N wind around 15 kt becoming NW in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming N in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE