Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
41NM S Santa Maria CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 10Z...OR 3 AM PDT...A 1022 MB HIGH
PRES WAS LOCATED 600 NM WEST OF PT CONCEPTION. A 1006 LOW
WAS CENTERED NEAR LAS VEGAS. STRONG NW WINDS WILL AFFECT THE
OUTER COASTAL WATERS THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. A RELATIVELY LARGE
NORTHWEST SWELL WILL AFFECT THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH MIDWEEK.
- Overnight NNW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Sunny. N swell 2 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. N swell 1 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the evening. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE