Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedN 24 km/h
- Barometer30.41 in (1031.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-12°C (11°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-12°C (11°F)
Current conditions at
Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport (KLAW)
Lat: 34.57 Lon: -98.42 Elev: 1109ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near -5. North northeast wind 18 to 21 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -17. Wind chill values as low as -24. North northeast wind 14 to 16 km/h.
- Saturday A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near -8. Wind chill values as low as -26. North northeast wind 10 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. East wind 5 to 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near -2. East southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming south 11 to 16 km/h in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -2.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 2.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Comanche County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE