Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 MPH
- Barometer29.97 in (1015.2 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility80.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Edwards Air Force Base (KEDW)
Lat: 34.91667 Lon: -117.90 Elev: 2303ft.
Edwards AFB CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 48. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Widespread frost after midnight. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 22. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Widespread frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Calm wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 45. Light west southwest wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. North northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming north in the evening.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southeastern Kern County Desert, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE